Thursday 14 April 2011

Summer Holidays

With the first rays of sunshine over the weekend it seems as though summer is finally on its way. I'm counting down the days until my holiday to France in June (a whole two weeks off, I can't wait...)
But I've still got just over a month before I can turn off my computer, so I'm focussing on finding some really juicy features before I head off.
With magazines starting to plan their summer issues I'm turning my attention to summer holiday stories.
Holidays are the time when we tend to throw caution to the wind. There's something about that mixture of being away from home and in a warm climate,  that makes people lose all their normal inhibitions. The fact that it's suddenly acceptable to have cocktails with breakfast doesn't help either (or is that just me?)
The result is great stories - romances (both good and bad), life-changing moments, terrible holiday disasters...It's amazing what can happen on a two week package holiday in the sun.
So for the next few weeks I'm going to be firmly pushing all thoughts of my own holiday (sunbathing, sipping wine on the beach, spending all day reading magazines and eating as much as I want....mmmm) to the back of my mind and concentrating on speaking to other people about their adventures overseas.
If you've got a great holiday story which you'd like to share, get in touch. You can email me at alice@medavia.co.uk.
Here's a picture of a beach to keep us all going in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment